ARESP - Association of Researchers in Economics, Social and Political Sciences
“ARESP works with and for people and the community. ARESP is a group of experts and researchers committed to expanding the voice, choice, social opportunity and governance through research, innovative and transformative ideas, training, capacity building, awareness, providing expertise. We think and find solutions to economic, social and political issues that will foster the peace and growth of a society. We work to empower the rural community through enabling self-assessment and engagement in their living environment and situation and capacitate them for sustainable management of the natural resources that contributes to preservation and protection of the environment. We equally works towards translating development issues and bring about active engagement with development actors to establish progress in areas of sustainable development, health, gender issues, citizenship engagement, capacity building, road safety, social and environmental assessment and recommendations to project implementation and sensitization schemes.”
To improve citizen engagement and the diffusion of knowledge and capacity through research, analysis and expertise, participation and decision making
- To provide expertise, implement, sensitize, and monitor projects schemes and processes for the development of short, medium and long-term strategic plans and projects;
- To develop diversified approaches towards responding to the research needs of the national and international communities and ensuring that its projects and activities are integrated with stakeholders, government policies
- To promote, encourage and support policy members, the private sector and CSO’s in their efforts to bring about informed positive change and innovations for sustainable development through groundbreaking research;
- To support regional integration through the development of joint research projects, programs and initiatives by the provision of professional process facilitation;
- To systematically build social and human capital though group dynamics, team development and social learning processes;
- To encourage and facilitate openness, transparency and accountability in developing good governance and enhancing performance among its members.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
- Environmental and social impact assessment
- Project implementation and sensitization schemes
- Waste management
- Agricultural development
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport and Road Safety
- Health awareness
- Youth development
- Women and the girl Child
- Gender based Violence
- Climate change
- Grievance Redress Mechanisms
- Human Rights and Humanitarian law Protection
- Conflict Prevention, Peacemaking and Peace building
METHODOLOGY OF INTERVENTION
ARESP carries out its research and operations through the following ways;
- Capacity building, Training and research
- Identification and diagnosis
- Socio-economic surveys
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies, economic, social and financial research on projects
- Impact assessments
- Developing and implementing Grievance Redress Mechanism programs in the construction project in the Mora-Dabanga-Kousseri road construction project in the Northern region of Cameroon.
- Gender based violence assessment, design and implement and monitor in the Mora-Dabanga-Kousseri road rehabilitation project
- Recovery and Peace Building Assessment (RPBA) report for the crisis zones in Cameroon, specifically Adamaoua, North, Far North and the East region of Cameroon.
- Gender-based violence awareness campaign “Ensuring that Women and girls are safe from harm at home, in schools, at work and in the community”
- Introduction of improved agricultural practices to farmers; Sensitize women on better methods of cultivating maize and groundnuts
- Creating awareness in HIV/Aids and sexually transmitted diseases and Gender based violence
- Education on effects and dangers of alcohol and drug abuse among young people
- Road safety Campaign- Road practices and rules
- Promote waste reduction, recycling and other good environmental practices.
- Leadership development- Youth development goals, objectives and improving their career prospects
- Information awareness in boarding and day schools to adolescents on sexuality, unwanted pregnancies, STDs and HIV/AIDS
- Donation of books through joint partnership with ALPHA Education which is a publishing company
- A permanent staff of 15 seniors with varying profiles.
- An extensive (18) network of experienced national and international experts and specialist with lots of experience in development projects.
- ARESP also maintains a permanent partnership with numerous consultancies and NGO’s in the countries in the sub-region as well as developed countries, for the exchange of experts or the provision of specialists in the framework of grouping or sub-contracting.